Thursday, February 22, 2007

More garden stuff

The hardest part about gardening, for me, is thinning. I just can't bring myself to get rid of those cute little sprouts. Of course, not getting rid of the sprouts means that, in about a month, I'll have a bunch of scrawny, ugly plants jammed together. I think that's why I don't get better results.

Tonight I went out and bought some broccoli and collard greens. Each of those vegetables will get a three foot X six foot plot in the garden--eighteen square feet.

I bought nine of each plant. Just nine--this way, each plant will (I hope) have room to spread out and grow nice and big, and provide me with some tasty treats (or at least some strongly-flavored green stuff. I know that neither broccoli or collards are universally loved.)

No comments: